12 Things To Help Your Child Have A Better Attitude
Every parents has a responsibility to train up their child’s in the right way to go and provide their needs. This is the God first mandate to parents if you want to father a child . However, most times children easily develop some attitude that can not be trace to who the parents are. Even if the child has some positive attribute; which is a clear fact that every human is born with the knowledge to act wrong. Therefore, this is were parental discipline comes in to correct your child of what is wrong, for the bible says in Proverbs 22:15 “Foolishness is bound in the heart of a child; but the rod of correction shall drive it far from him.” Therefore, here are 12 tips to help your child have a better attitude. [adToAppearHere]
1. As soon as you observe any bad, negative attitude in your child, make your child realize that his/her wrong attitude will do him more harm than good. Make him/her know such attitude is undesirable.
2. Set reasonable expectations for your child, and make him/her meet them. Teach your child acceptable behaviour , and make them observe such behavior. Also make your children know their limits and boundaries.
- I am sure you are transform by the information you get through me, I am also sure you can be part of our daily updates. why not leave your email behind let me keep you informed with information, jobs and inspire you always.
3. Be consistent in correcting your child. Correct your child in Love whenever they misbehave, but never overlook any wrong your child does. Be consistent with your corrections, for the scripture says, ” Correct thy son, and he shall give thee rest; yea, he shall give delight unto your soul” (Proverbs 29:17). Give your child instruction, and if he/she didn’t toe the line, don’t hesitate to correct the child. However, your correction should be done private not in the open, because such can damage your child’s self esteem, confidence, will power, creativity and initiative.
4. Publish or reward the child appropriately. But the punishment must be commensurate with wrong the child has done and his age. Some people so much believe a child shouldn’t be spank when wrong, but proverbs 19:18 and 23:13, ” Chasten thy son, while there is hope, and let not thy soul spare for his crying. … Withhold not correction from the child: for if thou beat him with the rod, he shall not die ” This doesn’t mean as parents you should deform your child for doing wrong, or beat him to stupor or death.
5. Listen to your child Many children grew up in a home where both father and mother doesn’t care to hear out their child reasons. I happen to have a father of such, but that is a wrong way to train your child. It render them helpless to seek your fatherly concern or help when they are down and helpless . You have to listen to your children; they may have good and genuine reasons for most of their actions. For instance, a child may have reasons for refusing to call you when they are face with trouble or challenges they know you can assist them as a father. You should softly ask your child why he/she doesn’t want to relate their tough times with you rather than having wrong presumption.
6. Show your child Love. You should genuinely love your child even if she is a girl child or a boy child. Most parents have a special child, and they show some little love than they give to the others. But the bottom line is love all your child, no matter how self-willed he/she is.
7. Be a role model to your child. Correction, instruction, advice and discipline will profit little if not backed up with good leadership example. You must be the change you first want to see in your child. The easiest way a child learns behavior from partners and relatives is by example. Be the model you want your child to emulate.[adToAppearHere]
8. Never over-indulge your child. Some parents are guilty of this. In a bid not to hurt their children feelings, they feel it is good to provide all their child’s demand, even when they know such child don’t need such stuff. When you consistently indulge your child, they grow up to become over demanding to what they don’t want and can even steal what they want and don’t have. Selfishness become a big part of the inner desire.
9. Adopt praying constantly for your child. As God for wisdom and guidance to train your child.
10. Don’t be discouraged. As parents be courageous even when immediate change has not occur in the life of your child. Keep teaching, correcting, discipline, loving and be happy.
11.Give your Child Education. You own that child alot of question if you deny them the privilege and right to education. Give them the best.
12. Lead your child to Christ. Don’t be amaze to see your child exhibiting evil traits such as violent temper, tantrum, self-will, pride, lying, deceit and so on. A child doesn’t have to go to school to learn them. These traits are depravities, and can be over come by the words of the gospel of Christ.