Apply For N3Million Grant From IB PLC Hero’s Foundation
Apply for N3Million Grant From IB PLC Hero’s Foundation Kickstart Programme For People who live and have their businesses in Abia, Anambra, Benue, Delta, Ebonyi, Edo, Enugu, Imo and Rivers states.
IB PLC Hero’s Foundation Kickstart is International Breweries PLC’s corporate social investment (CSI) initiative run by its subsidiary IB PLC Hero’s Foundation. It is aimed at instilling a culture of entrepreneurship among Nigerian youths by encouraging them to develop their big ideas into sustainable businesses or expand their existing businesses through the provision of material and financial support which include:
- Business development skill training
- Business mentoring and coaching
- Provision of grant for business start-up and or expansion
IB PLC Hero’s Foundation Kickstart was first launched in South Africa in 1995 as a poverty alleviation initiative, the programme has also been implemented in Botswana, Lesotho, Swaziland, and Tanzania.
The IB PLC Hero’s Foundation Kickstart programme is open only to Nigerians between the ages 18 to 35 who live and have their businesses in Abia, Anambra, Benue, Delta, Ebonyi, Edo, Enugu, Imo and Rivers states.
The ultimate goal of the programme is helping to build a young prosperous society by helping to create a culture of entrepreneurship thereby reducing youth unemployment in Nigeria.
The competition is open to Nigerians between the ages 18 to 35 years who live and have their businesses in the following states: Abia, Anambra, Benue, Delta, Ebonyi, Edo, Enugu, Imo and Rivers states.
- Applicants must be at least 18 and at most 35 years with valid identification (e.g National I.D; Drivers License; International Passport; Voters Registration, etc) as at the last day of the application period.
- He or she must be willing to operate the business on a full-time basis.
- Should have an innovative business idea in need of a startup capital.
- Or already have an existing small business needing capital to expand operations.
- Energetic and entrepreneurial in approach.
- Should be able to read and write.Also check:Apply To be An Obama Foundation Fellow
Closing Date: 23:59 on the 30th of September, 2018
The Competition is open to Nigerians who live and have their business in the following states of Nigeria:
- Applicants must be at least 18 years old and at most 35 years as at Monday, August 13, 2018 with valid identification (e.g. National I.D; Drivers Licence; International Passport; Voters Registration, etc).
- Applicants must be prepared to run and manage their business on a full time basis.
- Applicants must be able to read and write.
QUALIFYING BUSINESSES/ACCEPTABLE PROPOSALS
- Legally permissible Resident/business in the following states of Nigeria: Abia, Anambra, Benue, Edo, Enugu, Ebonyi, Delta, Imo & Rivers States.
2. New businesses requiring start-up capital; or
3. Existing small businesses needing capital to expand operations;
4. Joint ventures that will add value to the business are encouraged;
5. Other innovative business proposals with positive development impacts and result on Nigeria’s economy development.
6. Proposal must reasonably demonstrate that the project is commercially and technically viable.
NB: The Foundation’s decision on determining the winners is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
PLEASE TAKE NOTE:
- Tick or fill the necessary sections.
- Attach a copy of your Nigerian Identity Document.
- Submit completed forms online or send to your nearest designated centre.
- Read Sections 3 & 4 carefully – Terms and Conditions of the Competition and Agreement.
- All sections must be completed and signed in order for the entry/application form to be valid.
- Incomplete entries will not be considered or entered into the competition.
APPLICANTS UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT:
- They are aware that this document has legal consequences and that if they do not understand its contents or implications; they should request International Breweries PLC, in writing, to explain it to them before signing it; and
- They understand and agree that International Breweries PLC does not accept any liability in connection with their participation in the Competition.
Interested individuals should apply by downloading the application form [ http://herokickstartnigeria.org/download-form/ here ] or pick up hard copies at the various designated centres and partners’ offices across Nigeria. All forms must be filled, signed and submitted at the following centers:
Abia Vic Dave Global No 16 Mission Hill, Umuahia.
Anambra (Onitsha) Chazmax Intgrated Ltd 9 Limca Road, Onitsha.
Anambra (Awka) Ugezgold Ventures Nig Ltd Kwata by Slaughter, Court Rd, Awka.
Bayelsa Tojesco Enterprise Okaki Junction Yenegoa, Bayelsa State
Benue Syxim Services Ltd 28 Iorchia Ayu Way, Wurukum, Makurdi
Benue International Breweries Depot 7 New Otukpo Road, Makurdi, Benue State
Delta (Asaba) Everends Lead Nig Ltd 4 DLA Road Asaba
Delta (Warri) Omejeph Global Resource, Warri Before Aeroplane Spot, Ughelli Portharcout Rd, Okpe Warri
Ebonyi Ginibo Inter Services Ltd 97 Ogoja Rd, Abakaliki.
Edo Cuneo Wedge Limited 9B Siloko Rd, Benin.
Edo International Breweries Depot 91 Ekenwan Road, Oredo LGA, Benin City, Edo State
Enugu Phocles Nigeria Ltd 4th Avenue, Secretariat Quarters, Asata by Oloko Gate Bus Stop, Ogui Road, Enugu
Imo Amadi & Sons Ltd Plot PF/3Housing Estate, Area B, Adjacent 4040 Night Club, Owerri.
Rivers ND System 169 Airport Road, Rupuokwu Town, Port Harcourt, Rivers State
Scanned copies of completed forms can also be submitted online: email@example.com
Apply for N3Million Grant From IB PLC Hero’s Foundation Kickstart Programme Closes Sunday, September 30, 2018
Basic requirements are contained in the application section.
A number of top entries will be selected based on the merit and quality of their business proposals by a team of seasoned experts. Each form will be scored against the “Screening Sheet”. The sheet will be used to grade and rank all submitted application form, the score gotten from the submission will be debated upon by the experts to ensure alignment and common ratings. For clarity of purpose and fairness to all applicants, the Screening sheet is an internal document. Scores are not shared externally.
Successful applicants will then undergo an intensive one-week business training. The modules for the training will include:
- Human Resources
- Business Plan Writing
- Book Keeping
- Income Statements
At the end of the training, applicants will be given one month to write the final competing business plan.
- Each judge is given a copy of each submission document for review.
- Judges convene to interview applicants on their business plans.
- Business plan and interviews for each applicant are rated and scores aggregated to determine winners (Kickstarters).
- The outcome of the judges’ decision remains confidential until the day of the award ceremony.
- The decision of the judges is final and cannot be contested.
This will take a form of a grand event and winners will be announced and presented with their prizes. It will be a high profile event with government functionaries and business persons in attendance.
Mentoring & Monitoring
The awardees will have access to carefully selected expert assistance through mentorship and coaching for the period of a year. The Kickstarters are under the obligation to observe and implement the advice as tendered by the mentors. There will be monthly update on the progress made and business performance which will be shared with the Foundation and Intafact Management.
[ Click Here to Apply ]
Closes Sunday, September 30, 2018