African Writers: Apply For Short Story Day Africa Prize 2019 ($1,100 in Cash Prize)
Are you a good story writer and teller who think should be earning from your script? This may just be your next opportunity to show your talent with the help of your pen, as short story Day Africa offer you a platform to win prize.
Short Story Day Africa was established to celebrate the diversity of Africa’s voices and tell you who we really are; what we love; love to eat, read, write about. We want to bring you the scents on our street corners, the gossip from our neighbours, let you listen to strains of the music we dance to. Because we have something to tell the world. About us. In our own voices.
Short Story Day Africa 2019 Prize
First prize: $800 | Second prize: $200 | Third prize: $100
Requirements For Participant:
- Simultaneous submissions are not welcome. Any story entered or published elsewhere during the course of judging or publication will be disqualified.
- Any African citizen or African person living in the diaspora*, as well as persons residing permanently (granted permanent residence or similar) in any African country, may enter.
- Writers may only submit one story for the competition. Repeat entries by the same writer will be disqualified.
- Writers are welcome to submit stories in any fiction genre.
- Stories must be relevant to the theme, although we do encourage creative interpretations.
- Stories must be between 3000 and 5000 words in length.
- Stories must be submitted in English. While you are free to incorporate other languages into your story, the story must be able to be understood fully by its English content.
- Stories must be submitted online via Submittable between 1 June 2019 – 3 1 October 2019. The link to the submission form will be made live on 1 June 2019.
- To facilitate easy reading and judging, please format your stories according to the format stipulated below. Stories not formatted in this way are at the risk of being disqualified.
- Stories must not have been previously published in any form or any format.
- You are welcome to enter under a pseudonym or nom de plume, as long as you also include your real name along with your entry.
- All entries will be judged anonymously. Please DO NOT put your name or any other identifying details anywhere on your manuscript.
Application Deadline:October 30th 2019
- I am sure You are transform by the information you get through me, I am also sure you can be part of our daily updates. Why not leave your email behind let me keep you informed with Inspirations, Health Columns and News always.