Apply For UNESCO 2019 African World Heritage Day Instagram Photo Contest
Post your video about an African World Heritage site using the hashtag#MyAfricanHeritage and stand the chance to win one of the prizes.
The top two (2) entries will be awarded a prize: 1st prize: A 6 month internship with the African World Heritage Fund in Midrand, South Africa (Prize includes Travel costs and stipend):
The winner should be aged between 21 and 32 years and graduated with minimum Bachelor’s level (or higher) of tertiary education in Culture, Environmental or Communications studies.
The Entrant should also be fluent in either English or French and have basic working knowledge of the other.
Entrants wishing to be considered for the first prize should please send the following [email protected] : Curriculum Vitae, recommendation letter and copies of tertiary education qualifications.
2nd prize: 3 – 5 day trip for two persons (Ticket and full board accommodation) at Robben Island, South Africa, sponsored by the Robben Island Museum for its 20th anniversary:
The winner of the 2nd prize and his/her companion have to be minimum 18 years old.
An individual between 18 and 32 years old from any country can take part in this contest. Members of current UNESCO staff (either permanent or temporary), parents, siblings, children and spouses of UNESCO staff are not eligible to participate.
- The Entries are intended to present and promote African World Heritage and the importance of the World Heritage Convention in Africa. They can relate to cultural, natural or mixed World Heritage sites (i.e., sites that are inscribed on the World Heritage list (http://whc.unesco.org/en/list/).
- There are no limits on the number of Entries that each Entrant can submit. The video can be prepared using a mobile phone, camera or any other device. Any expenses incurred during submission are to be borne by the Entrant.
- There is no registration. Entry is determined by the posting of the video with accompanying description on Instagram and tagging it with the #MyAfricanHeritage hashtag. To be eligible, Instagram Entries MUST be set as ‘Public’ so that they are visible to UNESCO.
- Entries must be submitted to Instagram before 20 May 2019 at 12 p.m. Brazzaville time (GMT + 1). Entries published after this deadline shall not be considered. UNESCO shall not bear any responsibility for late or lost Entries due to network failure or any other reason.
- Videos must be taken and the accompanying text written by the Entrant him/herself. Verifications could be made to confirm that the Entrant is the owner of the video.
Application Deadline: May 20th 2019