Apply For Village Capital Agriculture Africa Program 2019
At Village Capital, we believe agriculture entrepreneurs can address these gaps. Innovators have the potential to raise productivity for small farmers and food security, improve and secure the value chain, and strengthen links to markets, all while generating job growth and local economic development.Village Capital is launching its Africa Agriculture 2019 program with the support of Ceniarth and Small Foundation. Village Capital welcomes ventures meeting any of the following criteria listed below to apply for the Africa Agriculture 2019 program by June 28, 2019.
- Women and youth-led enterprises,
- Enterprises that solve agri-value chain problems end-to-end (or come close),
- Enterprises that employ technology in delivering products and/or services,
- Ventures that work across multiple commodities,
- Companies that leverage social networks in delivering their product and services,
- Urban agriculture, aquaculture, and hardware businesses,
The program will select a cohort of 12 ventures, who will then participate in three 3 -day workshops that will take place between October 2019 and December 2019. Our award-winning curriculum encourages deep collaboration within the cohort and helps entrepreneurs explore and leverage business synergies among themselves.
What Does Village Capital Agriculture Africa Offer To Agricultural Entrepreneurs?
You will gain the following:
- Interactions with mentors,
- customers, and
- Strategic partners for business
Early-stage startups need validation from customers as well as relationships with key partners in order to tailor solutions as they scale. We will streamline this process, helping startups connect and interact with:
- Leading investors, entrepreneurs, and other sector experts who will offer mentorship during workshops;
- Potential customers, partners, and other industry stakeholders, who will participate in business development sessions at the workshops;
The program will culminate in curated investor meetings with investors from our network for all companies in the cohort.
Application for Village Capital Agriculture Africa closes: June 28th, 2019