BeFrugal Review: Cash Back From Shopping
BeFrugal Review: Cash Back From Shopping.
Earning cash back is one of the best things about online shopping. There are so many cash back websites and apps to choose from. They are totally free and easy to use.
And one of such site with this opportunity is for you to simply use these sites and apps to look for retailers you plan to shop at. Then you’ll earn a percentage or dollar amount of cash back on your purchases. It’s really as easy as it sounds.You can also shop here if you don’t like befrugal
Knowing About Befrugal
Befrugal site was stablished in 2009, BeFrugal started out as a very helpful free coupon site. The company started offering cash back for online shopping in 2011. The concept is very similar to eBates, one of their popular competitors. Users join for free and earn free cash back through BeFrugal’s website.
The platform expanded quickly after adding their cash back feature. Many of their coupon and money saving services grew. To date, BeFrugal partners with more than 5,000 retailers.
As a shopper, you want to earn as much free cash back as possible. So you’re likely wondering if BeFrugal is one of the best cash back sites. But the wonderful about befrugal is that once you’re signed up, you can earn up to 40 percent cash back at more than 5,000 stores, including big retailers like Amazon, Target, and Walmart.
You earn money because the online retailers give BeFrugal a commission for driving sales. BeFrugal then shares the money they get from the online retailers with you.
It’s a win-win situation for everybody.
BeFruga has a great reputation across the board. The platform has been featured in pieces by CBS News, USA Today, The New York Times, and more. User reviews are generally very positive, too. If you want to read more about their history, explore the About Us section of the website.
BeFrugal Benefits To Users and Shoppers
Every cash back portal has unique features. Naturally, they usually have their pros and cons. Below you’ll find the positives and negatives of BeFrugal. The list is based on user feedback, comparison to other cash back sites, and my own experiences.
- BeFrugal offers a $10 Refer-A-Friend bonus for every referral you make.
- BeFrugal offers a $10 signup bonus for new users.
- The cash back offers are typically higher than what eBates offers.
- The offers go as high as 40% cash back.
- BeFrugal has a Best Cash Back Rate Guarantee, which I’ll highlight later on in this review.
- The ‘Deals’ section of the website features a combo of price discounts and cash back.
- There are frequently bonus opportunities where cash back rates increase for a period of time.
- BeFrugal has many helpful coupons and coupon tools to increase your savings.
- You can instantly get customer service by using the Live Chat feature.
- You only need $0.01 in your account balance to cash out via PayPal.
How Does BeFrugal Cash Back Work?
If you’ve never used a cashback site before, it’s easy to wonder whether they’re legit.
If you’re like me, you may believe that something like BeFrugal is too good to be true. That is how I felt about every cash back portal at first. Here’s an example of how it works. Let’s say that Retailer X pays BeFrugal 10% commission for every sale made using cash back links. BeFrugal can then offer you 5% cash back for Retailer X. BeFrugal keeps the remaining 5% of commission earnings. This benefits everyone and it’s how you get free cash back.
Making Purchase From Befrgal Account
Step # 1) You’d first got to BeFrugal, which conventionality has a link to Amazon on the homepage.
Step # 2) After clicking the link, you’re automatically taken to Amazon.
Step # 3) Once you buy something, the money is then deposited into your BeFrugal account.
After you make your purchase, your cash back reward will be sent to your account with BeFrugal within a week.
BeFrugal will send you your money through direct deposit, a gift card, a check, or PayPal. You should be aware, however, that you have to have at least $25 saved up to receive your money through direct deposit.
How To Signup Using BeFrugal
Signing up for BeFrugal is a quick and easy process. It only took me two to sign up and start using the site. You’ll automatically have $10 added to your BeFrugal account when you sign up. However, you can’t redeem this bonus right away. You need to earn at least $10 in cash back to redeem your bonus.
- Visit BeFrugal.com and choose whether you want to sign up via e-mail, Facebook, or Google.
- Follow the steps for the method you choose. I used Google to easily connect my Gmail account. It took a minute or less to follow the steps.
- Create a unique username and password for your BeFrugal account. Once you do this, you are redirected to your BeFrugal dashboard on their website.
- If you use Chrome, click the Add To Chrome button. This is on the right-hand side of your dashboard. The extension automatically shows you BeFrugal offers for any site you visit.
Now you can start earning cash back through BeFrugal. If you installed the Chrome extension, simply visit any retailer’s website. A notification will appear if there’s cash back or coupons available.
Click the green Activate Cash Back button, and you’re all set. I recommend the Chrome extension; it’s reliable and easy to use.
When Do You Receive Your BeFrugal Cash Back?
After you shop, cash back earnings show up as Pending in your BeFrugal account. Your earnings will stay in the Pending section until the retailer confirms your purchase. This part typically doesn’t take more than a few days.
Then your earnings show up in the Verified section. Your cash back stays in this section until the retailer pays BeFrugal their commission. It can take retailers 30 to 90 days to pay BeFrugal.
That means your cash back will stay Verified for 30 to 90 days. You cannot access it during this time period. The waiting period can be frustrating, but it’s a necessary step for BeFrugal. If customers return items or cancel orders, retailers cannot pay commission.
This means BeFrugal wouldn’t get paid, and then they couldn’t pay shoppers. Every retailer has specific policies about paying commission; some pay quickly while others take up to 90 days.
BeFrugal Refer-A-Friend Program
BeFrugal has an excellent referral program, and it’s very easy to use. You earn $10 for every friend you refer to BeFrugal. Additionally, your friends get a $10 welcome bonus. Make sure to let your referrals know about the great incentive.
There’s no limit to how many times you can earn this bonus. Your $10 reward is accessible if a referral clicks your link, joins BeFrugal, and earns $10 cash back within one year. It’s pretty easy for them to earn this much because of the high cash back offers.
Once you create your account, you’ll see a Refer-A-Friend button at the top of the BeFrugal site. Click this to get your referral link. There are also convenient options for posting your link to Facebook and Twitter or sending an e-mail. If you have a website, you can even use a clickable banner.
BeFrugal Cash Back Rate Guarantee
One of my favorite BeFrugal features is the Cash Back Rate Guarantee. This guarantee happens if you make a cash back purchase through BeFrugal and find a higher cash back rate elsewhere. BeFrugal will match 125% of the higher cash back rate.
This guarantee is pretty simple, and it ensures you’ll always get as much cash back as possible.
Using BeFrugal Coupons And Deals
BeFrugal features a Coupons section along with a Deals section. I really like them both because they help you find great online shopping discounts. They’re pretty convenient and easy to use, too.
The Deals section is pretty straightforward. It displays specific items from different retailers. These items have a discounted price and a cash back amount. Currently, a three-piece cookware from Macy’s is marked down from $49.99 to $13.19. This price discount is combined with 15% cash back from Macy’s.
The Coupons section is a bit more in-depth. It’s divided up into different categories – online coupons, restaurant coupons, grocery coupons, printable coupons, and weekly ad circulars.
Many of these coupons are promo codes you use during online checkout. If you have the BeFrugal extension installed, you’ll automatically see coupons for the site you’re visiting.
Bonus Tips to Optimize Cash Back
- Earn the sign-up bonus, even if you use other cashback sites like Ebates or Swagbucks. It’s an easy win, and you can get it just through one purchase.
- Start a referral group to refer friends and family. If you’re married, refer your spouse and you’ll double your dollars if you both sign up. Between the sign-up bonus, the referral credit, and your first purchase, you’ll already have a good chunk of change stored up. If you don’t have a spouse, ask a close friend to join and then they can refer you to another cashback site. Or when you receive your referral money, you can split it in half with your friend. Your frugal-minded friends will love the opportunity to save money, and you can have fun too while doing it.
- Always check BeFrugal to see what cashback rate they’re paying for a certain store. Sometimes it’s higher than Ebates, but sometimes it isn’t. You’ll be able to save more money if you take an extra minute to see how much cash back each site is using right before you make your purchase. It won’t take long, but if you play it smart, you’ll be rewarding yourself even more.
- Use the websites on products you were going to purchase anyway. These cashback sites are great, but you have to put them to work for you, not abuse them. Stay within your budget and only buy things you were planning to anyway. You don’t want this to cost you money long term.
Overall, BeFrugal is definitely one of the best cash back sites. It has high cash back offers and partners with thousands of retailers. With additional perks like coupons and referral bonuses, there’s no reason not to check it out.