How To Apply For 2019 Geneva Centre for Security Policy (CHF 10’000 Fully Funded)
In 2015, under the umbrella of its Creativity and Innovation Initiative, the GCSP and its Geopolitics and Global Futures Programme established a prize in order to recognize deserving individuals or organisations that have an innovative approach to addressing international security challenges.
The prize is designed to reach across all relevant disciplines and fields. It seeks to reward the most inspiring, innovative and ground-breaking contribution of the year, whether this comes in the form of an initiative, invention, research publication, or organisation. A broad range of projects could qualify for consideration, including, but not limited to, technological and conceptual innovations, original research or grassroots initiatives.
Geneva Centre for Security Policy Requirements
- The prize is awarded for a project by any individual, or group of individuals, or organisation (from private or public sectors), which contributes to global security, and has been submitted for consideration according to these rules and regulations. No more than one application per applicant is allowed.
- Applications may come from any country, but the project should go beyond national borders in its reach or thinking, and must seek to address global security in innovative ways or through new ideas. A broad range of projects could qualify for consideration, including, but not limited to, technological and conceptual innovations, original research or grassroot initiatives.
- The prize is intended to encourage and recognise excellence in contributing to new approaches to enhancing sustainable global security.
- The prize is awarded by the Geneva Centre for Security Policy (GCSP),as part of its Programme for Geopolitics and Global Futures, under the Creativity and Innovation Initiative.
Geneva Centre for Security Policy Prize
The prize is CHF 10’000 in cash, and no equivalent or alternative will be provided. The prize will be awarded to the winner at a ceremony in Geneva. In addition to the prize, all travel to, and attendance at the ceremony will be paid by the GCSP.
Travel includes, where applicable, standard or economy-class round-trip air travel to Geneva from the nearest international airport, and overnight accommodation. This applies to the winner, or a representative of the winning individual or group.
Travel will be organised and paid for by the organisers in coordination with the winner, who agrees to provide the relevant personal details necessary for organising such travel. Visa support will be provided if needed.
- Applications must be submitted via the online application form in order to be considered for the prize, and shall include: a project abstract of 250 words maximum;b.a well- developed project description which should not exceed 1,000 words in length.
- The application should include a description of the initiative or project, an explanation of the concept’s significance in the context of global security and our collective global future, and should clearly demonstrate how the idea provides a novel contribution to this field;c.up to five image files (optional).
Note: Applications submitted via any other channel will not be considered.
- Applications must be in English.
How To Apply For Geneva Centre For Security Policy
Application Deadline: September 26th 2019