How To Apply For ColabNowNow British 2019 Africa Arts
The British Council invites young digital creatives to take part in the third edition of ColabNowNow in partnership with Maputo Fast Forward and Fak’ugesi African Digital Innovation Festivals.
ColabNowNow will select 11 digital artists from Africa and the UK to develop cutting edge digital artworks through collaborative art making and storytelling. Applicants will apply with proposed projects which will then be developed with artistic and technical facilitators. Together they will create a collaborative exhibition to be launched on 11 October 2019 at the opening of the Maputo Fast Forward festival.
ColabNowNow British 2019 Africa Arts Requirements:
Are you a daring artist or storyteller working in a digital medium and living in Africa or the UK?
- I am sure You are transform by the information you get through me, I am also sure you can be part of our daily updates. Why not leave your email behind let me keep you informed with Inspirations, Health Columns and News always.
Are you open to collaborating with other artists/storytellers?
Do you want a chance to see your collaborative work shown across Africa, the UK and extensively online?
- Artists can include, but are not limited to: visual/graphic artists, architects, technical artists, programmers/coders, music/sound artists, performers and animators.
- Storytellers can include, but are not limited to: writers, photographers, filmmakers, video graphers, bloggers and vloggers.
Applications are open to artists and storytellers working in digital media who are aged 18-35.
You must live in and have a valid passport from one of the eligible countries.
You must be available to travel to Johannesburg 3-8 September, and Maputo 2-12 October – including travel time before and after said dates. Full attendance is required.
Previous selected ColabNowNow creatives are not eligible to apply.
- Creatives will receive artistic and technical support from two facilitators, who will work with the creatives to develop complex collaborative works in both their conceptual and technical forms.
- All travel, accommodation, meals and VISA costs are covered by the British Council.
- Artists will be paid a fee of 500 GBP for their participation.
- A technical and installation budget is available for the collective use of the ColabNowNow team.