How To Use Plugin In WordPress
How To Use Plugin In WordPress.
When I started blogging, I couldn’t even install a plugin, as when I remember those days, I most times laugh or smile to myself. Knowing how time changes when we learn something new we actually become more knowledgeable.
I had to tell a good Friend of mine, who first build the first designed of my site to install a plugin. One day he told me I should go do research to learn it myself, that it is not difficult if I follow a link he sent along with his feedback, told me to read the guide, and follow every instructions. Thought that was two years ago, we still have people coming into blogging daily, and such question is consistently ask, “How To Use Plugin In WordPress?”
When you’re just getting into WordPress, one of the first questions you’ll stumble upon is how to install a WordPress plugin?
To have new features to your site taste. And I have read most people asking this same question, because they are just new to blogging. Today, I’ll give you a beginner-friendly answer. So, you won’t be asking how to install a plugin, but rather asking for something more complex than just installing a plugin.
Function Of Plugin
Plugins indeed are one of the key things that make WordPress awesome, and you certainly shouldn’t avoid new plugins! Even after you have new plugins to your site, either wordpress or whatever platform you install to your site, always update the plugins when it ask for an update.
Also check: How To Install WordPress On Localhost
However, before you can reap the benefits that some cool plugin brings, you need to have the thing installed. Here’s the easiest way to install a WordPress plugin:
Steps to install a WordPress plugin that’s free
Note: How to install a WordPress plugin that’s free works a little differently than installing a premium plugin. In this guide, we cover both. Starting with free plugins:
- Start by going to your admin panel – http://your-domain.com/wp-admin/ and click on “Plugins” in the sidebar menu:
- Then, click on the “Add New” button that’s at the top:
- What you’ll see next is a page that shows you a short list of featured/recommended plugins, and a handy search field on the right – this is the one we’re going to use:
- Input the name of the plugin that you want to install in that search field. Now, the great thing here is that you don’t even need to input the plugin’s whole name.
- The plugin I’m looking for is the first one on the list. All I need to do now is click the “Install Now” button. When I do that, WordPress is going to fetch the plugin and have it installed on my site. When the installation is complete, I’ll see this:
- This is where I need to activate the plugin by clicking the “Activate Plugin” link that has just appeared. At this stage, it’s done. The plugin has been activated, and WordPress will let you know about this fact through a small note at the top of the page:
Steps to install a premium / paid WordPress plugin
The process of how to install a WordPress plugin that’s premium or paid is a bit different. Purely because premium plugins are not available in the official plugin directory – the one you can access via the search option in your wp-admin panel.
So, the first thing you need to obtain the plugin itself. This step you need to handle on your own. Most commonly, this involves going to a marketplace or a plugin store, and buying a copy of the plugin from there. But if you already have the premium plugin in your computer system, you should have the installable plugin file saved as a ZIP archive. Like so:
- Once you have your ZIP file, go back to your WordPress wp-admin panel, click on “Plugins” in the sidebar menu, and then on the “Add New” button:
- Once there, click on the “Upload Plugin” button visible at the top:
- On the next screen, you will be able to upload your plugin’s ZIP file straight to your WordPress:
- Just select the ZIP from your desktop and confirm the upload by clicking on “Install Now.” When WordPress finishes doing its magic, you’ll only need to activate the plugin:
After doing so, the plugin is online and you can start using it. I believe this step was indeed helpful to you? If it is, don’t forget to share it with someone who also need guide and drop your comment.