Jobs In Abuja With 6 Different Companies
Apply for the following jobs and positions with 6 Different Companies as:
“1. 2019 Management Trainee Program (LEAP) at TGI Group. | 2. REACH International recruitment for Field Officers. | 3. West African Biodiversity and Climate Change recruitment for a Monitoring and Evaluation Officer. | 4. United Nations World Food Programme recruitment for a Logistics Assistant. | 5. Graduate Trainees recruitment in a Professional firm based in Lagos. | 6. Recruitment in Nigeria at Translators without Borders.”
1. 2019 Management Trainee Program (LEAP) at TGI Group
The TGI Group is an international investment and holding company with diverse interests. Operations of the group primarily span across developing economies in Africa, Middle East and Asia. The group’s business interest covers manufacturing of fruit drinks, juices and dairy products, packaged food and condiments, production of vegetable oil, cotton ginning, poultry and fish farming, processing and marketing of frozen foods, importation and distribution of industrial and agro chemicals, fish trawling and specialised oil services.
Applications are invited for:
- I am sure You are transform by the information you get through me, I am also sure you can be part of our daily updates. why not leave your email behind let me keep you informed with information, jobs and inspire you always.
Title: 2019 TGI Management Trainee (LEAP)
- TGI Group is seeking to hire top talents in Finance, HR, Sales, Strategy & Business Development, Engineering and Agriculture who are academically brilliant, hands-on and ready to explore unique career opportunities through her Management Trainee Program (LEAP).
- The objective is to develop top quality graduates into world class Managers, to ensure a steady supply of well-trained managerial talent for TGI’s current and future business needs. The program is for one calendar year and is designed to be cross-functional
Business Focus Areas
- Finance, Engineering, Sales, Human Resources, Agriculture/Agri-business, Strategy & Business Development, Production, HSE, Regulatory, Corporate Communication and Supply Chain
- To understudy line managers to acquire knowledge of methods, procedures, and standards required for the performance of departmental duties
- To train in functions and operations of related departments – Apply skills and energy to proactive learning and timely process/project completion
- To create value- provide support and solution based on departmental objectives, including reporting, presentation creation, strategic planning, data-entry etc.
- To implement assigned projects and also take up own projects that provides solutions/interventions in line with organizational business objectives.
- MBA/MSc/MA or 1st Class BSc with NYSC Discharged certificate.
- Applicants must not be older than thirty (30) years by December 2018.
Key Competencies and Attributes: Candidates must have
- Strategy formulation and business awareness
- Computer appreciation skills
- Relationship management skills
- Good work ethics
- High integrity
- Effective communication skills (oral and written)
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Sales skills
- Candidate must be flexible and work in different business areas and other locations in Nigeria when required
- Assessment would be in Abuja and Lagos.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their Application with an updated CV to: email@example.com with the subject ‘LEAP’ and also indicating their interest based on the “Business Focus Area” stated above.
Application Deadline 30th November, 2018.
2. REACH International recruitment for Field Officers
REACH was born in 2010 as a joint initiative of two INGOs (IMPACT Initiatives and ACTED) and the United Nations Institute for Training and Field (UNITAR) Operational Satellite Applications Programme (UNOSAT). REACH’s purpose is to promote and facilitate the development of information products that enhance the humanitarian community’s decision making and planning capacity for emergency, reconstruction and development contexts, supporting and working within the framework of the humanitarian reform process.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: REACH Field Officer
Locations: Mafa, Damboa, Damasak – Borno, Gujiba – Yobe, Mubi – Adamawa
Position to start 1st Quarter, 2019
Contract Duration 6 months
Context / Country
The crisis in North-East Nigeria is now in its 9th year, with 1.88 million people displaced across the three states of Borno, Yobe, and Adamawa. Borno state hosts the largest proportion of these (1.4 million people). Major operations by NAF and counter offensives by AOGs have increased through the 2nd quarter of 2018, leading to the displacement of 59,567 individuals between DTM rounds 22 and 23 (April – June 2018). In Borno, Adamawa and Yobe States, Kukawa, Monguno, Mafa, Dikwa, Bama, Gwoza, Damboa, Gujba, Tarmwa, Maiha, Nusman, Song, Yola South and Fufore LGAs have all seen significant increases in the number of IDPs in accessible areas who are primarily originating from Hard to Reach (H2R) areas.
While there is a considerable amount of information related to the needs and conditions of IDPs (as well as returnees and non-displaced populations, thanks in part to the ongoing efforts of REACH) in these accessible areas, despite the availability of information sources – the recently displaced populations themselves – there is an evident lack of information on populations remaining in H2R areas.
UN OCHA estimates that 820,000 individuals remain isolated in areas inaccessible to the humanitarian response and with limited access to basic services such as health care and education. Specific conditions and needs of the population in hard to reach settlements remain unknown, and population figures, well as demographic composition and status (non-displaced, IDP, returnee), are formulated with little actual knowledge of the situation.
In recognition of the urgent need for data in further areas of Borno, Yobe and Adamawa, REACH intends to expand data collection in secure locations of Maiduguri, Monguno, Kukawa, Pulka, Mafa, Bama, Dikwa, Ngala, Damasak, Rann, Banki, Gwoza, Mubi and Gujuba in 2018. Through an H2R assessment approach, REACH will provide regular, reliable indicative tracking of humanitarian needs over time, to support in prioritization and identification of “hot-spot” areas witnessing a deterioration of humanitarian needs. To ensure this data is directly informing humanitarian response planning, data will be shared through formal coordination structures, such as OCHA, the OISWG, and relevant clusters, with feedback from partners used for both triangulations of gathered data as well as to inform research design and geographical targeting.
Chain of Command
Under the authority of:
- In country: ACTED Country Director
- In country: REACH Field Manager
- In country: REACH Senior Field Officer
- In country: REACH Regional Representative
- In country: REACH Assessment Officer
- Their own activities
- Working Relations
- REACH Regional Representative
- REACH Field Assistants
- REACH Database Specialist
- REACH (Senior) GIS/Assessment Officers
- REACH (Senior) Field Officers
- Local authorities
The REACH Field Officer shall be responsible for:
- Data cleaning, analysis, and entry
- Managing enumeration teams
- Focus group discussion facilitation
- Logistics support
- Any other tasks need to ensure the success of the REACH mission in Nigeria
Focus Group Discussion Facilitation and Analysis:
- The REACH Field Officer will facilitate or co-facilitate focus group discussion in the refugee settlements and provide qualitative analysis of the results as required.
- The REACH Field Officer will provide logistics support to the REACH Senior Field Officer by filling and tracking order forms and tracking existing and incoming REACH assets in field locations as needed
- They will also provide support in organizing movement of REACH teams to and from field locations, identifying accommodations and office space, and liaising with appropriate government authorities to ensure REACH can conduct activities as needed.
Data Cleaning, Analysis and Entry:
- The REACH Field Officer will clean and analyze datasets given by REACH staff and collected by field teams
- They will also enter textual data into spreadsheets or databases for easier tracking and analysis, and ensure that all data they collect is properly stored onto the Dropbox server.
Managing Enumeration Teams:
- The REACH Field Officer will lead enumeration teams of up to 10 individuals and be responsible to providing direction, logistical and technical support to the enumerators
- They will also support the REACH Assessment/GIS Officer/Field Manager/Senior Field Officer as needed; they will directly manage enumeration teams and ensure key informant networks are developed and maintained.
- The REACH Field Officer will participate in other, undefined tasks that are necessary to support the REACH mission in Nigeria.
Accountability to Communities and Beneficiaries:
- The staff member is responsible for ensuring that all relations with the communities we work are conducted in a respectful and consultative manner
- Due attention must be paid to ensuring that communities are adequately consulted and informed about ACTED programme objectives, activities, beneficiary selection criteria, and methodologies. This is the responsibility of every ACTED staff member.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in humanitarian or development organizations, preferably in a field-based position
- Willingness and ability to work in a dynamic and fast-paced field environment for extended periods of the time required
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant discipline (Social Science, Development) required
- Strong skills with the Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to operate in a cross-cultural environment requiring flexibility
- Prior experience working in IDP settlements an asset
- Spoken fluency in English and Hausa required
- Strong written skills in English and Hausa required
- Ability to work independently
- Experience using ODK for quantitative data collection, or the ability to rapidly master the process
- Experience hiring and managing casual laborers
- Experience conducting focus group discussions, or the ability to learn rapidly
- Positive attitude and a willingness to learn
- Excellent communication skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click Here to Start Application
- Only motivated applications that address the stipulated duties and meet the required qualifications will be considered. ACTED/REACH considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, colour, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability.
- Due to the large numbers of expected applicants ACTED will only inform shortlisted candidates. We apologise for the inconvenience. Only short-listed applicants will be invited for written test and oral interview.
- Please send CV and Cover Letters using the apply now button. Subject of the email/Cover Letter must read: “Application – REACH Field Officer”
- We will accept hard copies delivered to ACTED Office, Plot 129, Goni Road, Old GRA, Maiduguri, Borno State.
Application Deadline 5th December, 2018.
3. West African Biodiversity and Climate Change recruitment for a Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
The West African Biodiversity and Climate Change (WA BICC) program is a USAID-funded five years initiative (2015-2020) implemented by Tetra Tech. The overall goal of WA BiCC is to improve conservation and climate-resilient, low emission growth across West Africa. WABiCC works in collaboration with 3 core regional partners – ECOWAS Commission, the Mano River Union (MRU), and the Abidjan Convention. – to develop, improve or adapt policies and practice that can contribute to West Africa’s environment and development goals.
WABICC is supporting an institutional strengthening programme for the Environment Directorate (DOE) of ECOWAS and is, therefore, seeking for suitable and qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Contract Duration: 12 Months (renewable depending on funding availability)
General Description of the Position
- The M&E Officer will provide guidance and support the Directorate in finalizing the M&E Plan and implementing the Monitoring and Evaluation System. He /She will develop tools and reporting templates and enhance staff and users’ capacities to contribute to the system.
- The M&E Officer will coordinate the regular data collection and the dissemination of information in relation with the ECOWAS Staff, National focal points and partners. He will ensure results are documented and all reports and M&E documents are stored.
- He will support in the preparation of Work Plans and Reports coordinate and participate in conducting evaluations and studies for the Directorate.
- Conduct regular control of data received from field and ensure that they respond to requirements and needs for monitoring;
- Provide required support to staff and projects’ managers in producing and publishing reports (e.g. monthly, quarterly and annual), briefings and other relevant documents; and communicating evaluation results and lessons learned;
- Coordinate consultants and research teams in conducting evaluations and surveys needed by the Directorate;
- Organize and participate in frequent progress meetings and in learning and communication activities and updates on the results, achievements, success stories and learned lessons;
- Lead conduct of evaluations such as Baseline, End-line and other Studies and Collaborate with Consultants for any other evaluation and study;
- Compile and format data and information to populate the ECOWAS website, Resource Centre and other platforms;
- Assist in the day-to-day project implementation and overall coordination activities;
- The M&E Officer will work under the supervision of the Director of Environment, be a member of the Directorate Technical Team and develop functional relations with the technical staff, National Focal Points and collaborate with Partners.
- Facilitate finalization and publishing of the Directorate’s M&E Plan, development of Indicators reference sheets, baseline assessments and the definition of targets for each indicator;
- Coordinate the designing of data collection tools and reporting templates;
- In collaboration with the technical staff of the Directorate, focal points and other stakeholders, coordinate the data collection process;
- Conduct M&E training needs assessment for the Directorate
- Train the staff of the Directorate, selected stakeholders on the use of the M&E system and ensure knowledge transfer;
- Undertake data analysis and the consolidation of information;
- Establish and manage a database and a documents storage system for transferring and storing data in line with the ECOWAS reporting mechanism;
- Execute any other tasks linked with the objectives of the institution and with the responsibilities and capacities of the technician.
Workplace and Functional Responsibilities
- The M&E Officer will be based in the ECOWAS Commission (Environment Directorate), Abuja and will cover all the ECOWAS countries.
- The Officer will develop functional work relationship the Directorate of Agriculture, the M&E Directorate (Office of the Vice President and the M&E officers responsible for the environment within the ECOWAS member states.
- Proven experience in quantitative and qualitative research and in conducting survey and/or sampling;
- Strong knowledge in the use of spreadsheet and database packages (Excel), in statistical software such as SPSS and GIS tools (Arc View, Arc Info, etc.);
- Experience in use of mobile technology (SMS, SMART, etc. and in the design or management of a Monitoring Database could be an asset;
- Proven networking, team-building, organizational, and communication skills.
- Excellent report writing skills desirable
- A University Degree in Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) and or a related field such as Environment Sciences, Geography, International Development, Economics, Statistics, and Project Design;
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience in Monitoring and Evaluation functions on a program or project preferably in environmental policy, natural resources management, climate change, biodiversity conservation, institutional support and policy development or related fields;
- Fluency in written and spoken English and/or French is required. Work experience in the ECOWAS region is required
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letter and CV with 4 references to: firstname.lastname@example.org
To be considered, applicants must submit the following:
- A letter of application explaining individual qualifications for this opportunity
- A current CV in reverse chronological format
- A list of at least 4 professional references including name, contact information, and statement of relationship to the referee
- B: Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered
Application Deadline 30th November, 2018.
- This consultancy is classified national status and attracts national terms and conditions of employment.
- But any ECOWAS citizen willing to take up the contract under local terms may apply.
4. United Nations World Food Programme recruitment for a Logistics Assistant
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistics Assistant (Supply Chain – Cash Based Transfer)
Requisition #: 100643
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- This position is found in Maiduguri Area Office, Nigeria Country Office. The position holder will perform supply chain CBT functions and directly report to the Logistics Officer (CBT) or designate.
- At this level, the position holder is expected to take responsibility for completion of a range of processes and activities requiring some interpretation of standard guidelines/practices for all assistance modalities for supply chain CBT.
- The position holder is able to recommend a course of action to staff at various levels and may allocate tasks to other support staff.
- To implement well-defined standard logistics/supply chain CBT processes and activities to enable effective delivery of supply chain CBT services.
Key Accountabilities (not all-inclusive)
- Plan and participate in multi-sectoral assessments to determine the supply chain needs and analyze risks with respect to cash-based transfer interventions;
- Perform the retail supply chain mapping (retail value chain mapping);
- Plan and execute engagements with partners in the supply chain CBT activities;
- Provide support to logistics CBT operations and activities, following standard processes and facilitating, directly or indirectly, the effective delivery of food assistance to beneficiaries;
- Support timely ordering and delivery of commodities and supplies to authorized partners and destinations;
- Support management of logistics vendors’ contracting activities including performance monitoring and measurement;
- Process documentation for execution of logistics operations (e.g. customs clearance, invoice verification), take appropriate actions to resolve operational issues escalating various issues to the supervisor.
- Collect and compile data, produce and/or contribute to reports (e.g. CCTI, SPRs, financial closure, physical inventory, transport performance) and ensure information accuracy in corporate systems in support to informed decision-making.
- Liaise with internal and limited number of external stakeholders to support efficient logistics operations management.
- Provide guidance to other support staff, in order to assist them in completing standard tasks to agreed standards and deadlines.
- Respond to a variety of technical queries/requests for support, following standard processes, and obtaining guidance as required, to ensure timely and accurate resolution of all enquiries with a high standard of client service mind-set;
- Contribute to budget preparation, monitoring and revision for all delivery modalities, ensuring adherence to relevant procedures and in compliance with corporate standards;
- Assist in monitoring inventory management processes to track trends and account for the inventory status from source to beneficiary.
- Assist in management of commodity accounting data quality and integrity.
- Support operational pipeline analyses, assessments and operational planning for all delivery modalities.
Standard Minimum Qualifications
- Minimum requirement is completion of Secondary School Education coupled with relevant experience. Preferably a University Degree in Supply Chain, Logistics, Procurement, Business Administration, Commerce, Finance and related training.
- Five or more years of progressively responsible support work experience in warehouse operations, logistics work, including at least three years related to Supply Chain at any national/international humanitarian or commercial organization carrying Logistics, Procurement or Contracts management function or related field.
- Fluency in both oral and written communication in English
- Fluency in oral and written Hausa is desirable.
Desired Experiences for Entry into the Role:
- Experience using corporate systems to monitor ongoing shipments, pipeline information, insurance claims, and food stock;
- Experience analyzing data (on commodities, funds, markets, etc.) and drafting reports;
- Experience in assisting the preparation of contract documentations;
- Experience in providing technical business support in corporate systems.
- Experience in measuring service providers’ performance against set KPIs;
4Ps Core Organisational Capabilities
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Helps teammates articulate WFP’s Strategic Objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Suggests potential improvements to team’s work processes to supervisor.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Explains the impact of WFP activities in beneficiary communities to teammates.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Articulates how own unit’s responsibilities will serve WFP’s mission.
- Look for ways to strengthen people’s skills: Trains junior teammates on new skills and capabilities.
- Create an inclusive culture: Seeks opportunities to work with people from different backgrounds.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Serves as a peer coach for colleagues in same area of work.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Tracks progress toward goals and shares this information on a regular basis with supervisor.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Explores ways to consistently be more efficient and accurate in own areas of work and shares new methods of work with colleagues.
- Focus on getting results: Focuses on getting results and tracks trends in completion rates for own tasks to identify opportunities for efficiency.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Takes responsibility for own tasks and notifies supervisor as soon as possible of potential delays in meeting deadlines or commitments.
- Be Decisive: Independently decides what action to take when faced with critical choices in the workplace or in dangerous situations in the field.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Suggests opportunities for partnering with other units to supervisor.
- Build strong external partnerships: Identifies opportunities to work with colleagues and partners in the field towards common goals.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Develops an understanding of the value of WFP’s teams and external partners in fulfilling team’s goals and objectives.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Aligns own activities with supervisor’s priorities to fulfill internal and external partner needs.
Supply Chain Management and Optimization:
- Displays aptitude at monitoring and reporting on supply chain operations to enable teams to efficiently assess the performance and sustainability of current networks.
Warehouse and Inventory Management:
- Demonstrates ability to implement operational warehouse procedures and normative guidance in order to manage WFP’s warehouse, handle inventory effectively through corporate systems, and ensure loss mitigation.
Technical Assistance and Coordination:
- Demonstrates awareness of the importance of technical assistance and coordination with key stakeholders and an ability to carry out logistics activities, respecting individual mandates and programme priorities.
Planning, Project & Resource Management:
- Supports the planning, forecasting & resource management efforts of own team by collecting data from diverse sources.
Information Management & Reporting:
- Collates accurate and timely information and data to enable informed decision making on reporting within individual unit and consequently the greater humanitarian community.
Market Analysis, Contracting and Operational Execution:
- Ability to collect and collate necessary information to enable WFP to make informed operational decisions.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Terms and Conditions
- Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Only Nigerian nationals are eligible to apply for this position
- Applications must be submitted online and in English only.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Canvassing is strictly prohibited. Canvassing of any sort will lead to automatic disqualification of the concerned applicant.
- Selected candidate will be employed on a fixed-term contract with a probationary period of one year. WFP offers an attractive compensation package
Application Deadline 9th December, 2018.
5. Graduate Trainees recruitment in a Professional firm based in Lagos
A professional firm based in Lagos requires for immediate employment suitably qualified candidates to fill the positions below:
Job Title: Analyst (Trainee)
- Sc or HND in Lab Technology – Chemistry Option
- Age: 25-30 years
- No experience required, must be PC literate.
Job Title: Service Representative (Trainee)
- HND in Mechanical Engineering or any of the Physical Sciences
- Age 25 – 30 years
- No experience required, but must be PC literate.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their application to: email@example.com
Application Deadline 28th November, 2018.
6. Recruitment in Nigeria at Translators without Borders
Translators without Borders is a unique non-profit organization that helps humanitarian organizations communicate more effectively with vulnerable populations in the right languages. TWB created the first translation and language program specifically for crisis response and is now deploying that program in northeast Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the positions below:
- Consultant- Innovation Evaluation
- Program Manager
- Finance Officer
- Bura / Babur Community Team Leader
- Marghi Community Team Leader
- Translation Project Officer
Note: Translators without Borders is an equal-opportunity employer, committed to diversity and inclusion, and encourages qualified candidates of all genders and from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization