How Understanding ‘Fasting And praying’ Can Help Your Christian Growth
How Understanding ‘Fasting And praying’ Can Help Your Christian Growth.
I have heard so many persons talking about fasting and prayers that some has to do with wrong beliefs based on human feelings and argumentation knowledge. One of such beliefs could be when believers in faith could say: ” I will pray/fast to kill my own enemy.” For what does the Holy Bible teaches about ”love?” According to 1 John 3:14 say’s, We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren.
He that loveth not his brother abideth in death. But today, I am focusing on ‘fasting and praying’, bringing to your knowledge that fasting and praying is not a hidden mystery, but a revealed revelation for Christians to understand the walk of a journey in God greater realm of possibilities in life as Jesus Christ and His apostles did, and are still doing. So, here is how understanding ‘Fasting And praying’ can help your Christian Growth.
Why do we fast?
Fasting is to atone our Spirit man with our heavenly Father (God). When we fast, we set our spirit man to be focus to the things of the spirit. 1 Corinthians 7:5 Do not deprive one another except with consent for a time, that you may give yourselves to fasting and prayer; and come together again so that Satan does not tempt you because of your lack of self-control. When we fast and pray, it is important we derive the greatest possible benefit from these duties by being enabled to wait on the Lord without distraction.
- I am sure You are transform by the information you get through me, I am also sure you can be part of our daily updates. why not leave your email behind let me keep you informed with information, jobs and inspire you always.
Why do We pray as believers when fasting?
When we pray as believers of Jesus Christ, it enable us to communicate to the Father through prayer. Prayer can either be as a supplication, or as an act of giving Thanks to God our heavenly Father. For God hears and answers prayers to those who call upon His name. ”Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them” Mark 11:24. For the bottom line is that, prayer help Believers not to fall into temptations. ‘Watch and pray, that ye may not enter into temptation: the spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak” Matthew 26:41. pray to God from A Christian will protect you from temptations, if you are also watchful.
So, I can say ‘fasting and praying’ is ordained a platform for operating a new dawn in Christ.
Benefit Of Fasting and praying
1. To secure your destiny. Luke 4:4 And Jesus answered him, saying, It is written, That man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God. You must not allow your belly become your god, fasting is to empower yourself with the words of God for the now.
2. Fasting facilitate answers to prayer. “Then you shall call, and the LORD will answer; You shall cry, and He will say, ‘Here I am.’ “If you take away the yoke from your midst, The pointing of the finger, and speaking wickedness, If you extend your soul to the hungry And satisfy the afflicted soul, Then your light shall dawn in the darkness, And your darkness shall be as the noonday. The LORD will guide you continually, And satisfy your soul in drought, And strengthen your bones; You shall be like a watered garden, And like a spring of water, whose waters do not fail” (Isaiah 58:9-11).
Profitable Approach To Fasting and Praying
1. For your fast to be meaningful, you must be engaged in prayer.
2. You must come confessing your sins to God. ” Also I say unto you, Whosoever shall confess me before men, him shall the Son of man also confess before the angels of God: But he that denieth me before men shall be denied before the angels of God” Luke 12;8-9. People can pray and fast, but ass long you have not confess your sins to Him, your prayers may not be answered.
3. For excess answers to prayer. We don’t assume to receive answers, we rather have the answer from the Lord.
4. Fasting is a time for repentance/ seek forgiveness from God. It a time to humble yourself, saying; ”Lord I need you”. Laying down at his feet. If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us 1 John 1:8-10. Until the prayer of forgiveness is answered during fasting, all other prayers is put on hold, but with God; there is no unforgivable sin. And there is no that cannot be forgiven in confession of salvation.
Also check: What Is Prayer & Praying The Bible Way
5. Fasting is not the time for being angry, or exhibiting any bad attitude and characters.
6. Refusing to be offended in God and His word when fasting. ”And blessed is he, whosoever shall not be offended in me” Matthew 11;6. For you to maximize anything from God, don’t be offended in God and in man. Don’t say, ” Lord were where you when it happened?”
Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers. And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption. et all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice: Ephesians 4:29-31.
Blessedness For Fasting and praying
There are much benefit in the life on any believer when they fast and pray. Some of the benefit could be the following;
1. Praying is an act of spiritual empowerment. In fasting our body may feel weak, but our spirit is strengthen. We need to be empowered to fulfil ”Destiny, lead and prosper”. There is always an empowerment in fasting that position you to become charged, for as a believer it is dangerous to live life without God empowerment.
2. In fasting and praying, God takes over our battle.
3. In fasting and praying you gain freedom from the yoke of bondage
4. In fasting and praying be ready to have testimonies.