Variety Health Benefits For Bananas.
Many of us love Bananas, but I specifically prefer it with fried groundnut. But beyond the sweet flavor,Bananas comes with much variety health benefits associated with the curvy yellow fruit.
According to Laura Flores, a San Diego-based nutritionist said Bananas are high in potassium and pectin, a form of fiber. Bananas are one of the world’s most appealing fruits. Global banana exports reached about 18 million tons in 2015, according to the United Nations. About half of them went to the United States and the European market.
They can also be a good way to get magnesium and vitamins C and B6.
“Bananas are known to reduce swelling, protect against developing type-2 diabetes, aid in weight loss, strengthen the nervous system and help with production of white blood cells, all due to the high level of vitamin B6 that bananas contain.”
- I am sure You are transform by the information you get through me, I am also sure you can be part of our daily updates. why not leave your email behind let me keep you informed with information, jobs and inspire you always.
Bananas are high in antioxidants, which can provide protection from free radicals, which we come into contact with every day, from the sunlight to the lotion you put on your skin,”
Some studies have suggested that the lectins in green bananas could provide treatment for HIV patients. But A 2017 meta-analysis published by Prilozi Section of Medical Sciences therefore suggested that unripe green bananas has some health benefits also. They may help with controlling gastrointestinal problems such as diarrhea and ulcers, and may lower cholesterol and blood pressure.
Researchers has shown that the levels of nutrients rise in bananas as they ripen. Bananas with dark spots were eight times effective in enhancing the power of white blood cells than green-skin bananas, according to a 2009 study published in Food Science and Technology Research. White blood cells fight infections from bacteria, fungi, viruses and other pathogens.
Bananas Health benefits Bananas health benefits comes with vast improvement to the human body, this could really be why the U.S. Department of Agriculture, In the United States statistics prove that each person eats 11.4 lbs. of bananas per year, making it Americans’ favorite fresh fruit. You may also want to adopt same if you know the advantage you gain, which are:
1. Heart health. Bananas are good for your heart. They are packed with potassium, a mineral electrolyte that keeps electricity flowing throughout your body, which is required to keep your heart beating. Bananas’ high potassium and low sodium content may also help protect your cardiovascular system against high blood pressure , according to the FDA.
A 2017 animal study conducted by researchers at the University of Alabama found that the potassium in bananas is also linked to arterial effectiveness; the more potassium you have, the less likely your arteries are to harden. Arterial stiffness in humans is linked to heart disease.
2. Bananas help over depression and mood.
Bananas can be helpful in overcoming depression “due to high levels of tryptophan, which the body converts to serotonin, the mood-elevating brain neurotransmitter,” Flores said. Plus, vitamin B6 can help you sleep well, and magnesium helps to relax muscles.
3. Bananas help solve digestion problem and weight loss. Bananas are high in fiber, which can help keep you regular. One banana can provide nearly 10 percent of your daily fiber requirement. Vitamin B6 can also help protect against type 2 diabetes and aid in weight loss, according to Flores.
4. Bananas contains resistant starch. Bananas are particularly high in resistant starch, a dietary fiber in which researchers have recently become interested. A 2017 review published in Nutrition Bulletin found that the resistant starch in bananas may support gut health and control blood sugar. Resistant starch increases the production of short chain fatty acids in the gut, which are necessary to gut health.
5. Bananas helps in replenishing energy and electrolytes, bananas can be more effective than sports drinks according to report in 2012 study published in PLOS One looked at male athletes competing in long-distance cycling races. They compared athletes refueling with Gatorade every 15 minutes to athletes refueling with a banana and water. Researchers saw that the athletes’ performance times and body physiology were the same in both cases. But the banana’s serotonin and dopamine improved the athletes’ antioxidant capacity and helped with oxidative stress, improving performance overall.
6. Bananas help improve Vision. Carrots may be what you only know for helping the eyes, but bananas do their share as well. The fruits contain a small but significant amount of vitamin A, which is essential for protecting your eyes, maintaining normal vision and improving vision at night, according to the National Institutes of Health. Vitamin A contains compounds that preserve the membranes around your eyes and are an element in the proteins that bring light to your corneas.
7. Bananas servers as solutions to lower ones risk to Cancer. Some evidence suggests that moderate consumption of bananas may be protective against kidney cancer. A 2005 Swedish study found that women who ate more than 75 servings of fruits and vegetables cut their risk of kidney cancer by 40 percent, and that bananas were especially effective. Women eating four to six bananas a week halved their risk of developing kidney cancer.
8. Bananas is good for Pregnancy. While not exactly a health benefit, a study published by The Royal Society found that the potassium in bananas is correlated with women giving birth to baby boys. The study looked at 740 women and saw that those who consumed high levels of potassium prior to conception were more likely to have a boy who those who did not.
9. Bananas may also help prevent gestational diabetes. Lack of sleep during pregnancy can contribute to gestational diabetes, according to a meta-analysis published in Sleep Medicine Reviews. But the magnesium and tryptophan in bananas can help ensure a good night’s rest.