What Is Faith According To The Bible?
Have you ever wonder if it would be possible for Christians to live the victorious life without applying faith daily? Emphatically it is impossible. Because the life we live daily as Christians is based on the ability to get result to move to the next levels of our lives, and this can only be achieved through faith.
And getting results in any areas of life is based on our faith we have to apply to make God words true. No wonder in Matthew 17:20 And Jesus said unto his disciples, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.
The disciple of Jesus Christ was unable to heal the man son who had epileptic, and suffers grievously; for he often falls into the fire, and often into the water. And he came to Jesus Christ saying I brought my son to your disciples and they could not heal is son of his epileptic. And in verse 17 of the chapter Jesus answered, saying “Faithless and perverse generation! How long will I be with you? How long will I bear with you? Bring him here to me, Jesus rebuked him, the demon went out of him, and the boy was cured from that hour
What define faith according to the bible?
- I am sure You are transform by the information you get through me, I am also sure you can be part of our daily updates. why not leave your email behind let me keep you informed with information, jobs and inspire you always.
I do not find any definition much appealing to that of faith according to Hebrew 11:1, when it comes to faith, and According to the Bible, in Hebrews 11:1, the scripture declares; “Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.”
With this definition and thought of what faith is in mind, we begin to see what faith is all about.
1) The first thing is that faith is the tangibility of hope. That means hope will never become anything real in our lives without faith giving substance, life or flesh to the picture we see as hope.
Being hopeful is good, but hope without faith is dead and cannot give result. Many persons live their live on hoping, died hoping and never get the expected change because faith is not at work to make their hope become reality. That is to say Faith is A Dream Maker
Next it says “…The evidence of things not seen.”
2) Evidence, so faith is Evidence. Evidence always doesn’t come with it’s property, but evidence is the proof of a property. Evidence is prove there is a result of something you most sure believe.
For example, the evidence of me owning a land is the papers or land documents that I have, or that is given me, both signed and sealed by an oath. This shows the evidence of me possessing or having that land. You do not see the land on me or on my face, but the documents and my signature shows you the ownership’ right.
Now, this is what faith is. Faith either place an evidence that something remarkable happen/ had happened. Faith is now.
Also check:5 Important Christians Faithfulness To God
3) God comes and says to you; “You’re healed.” But you, like that man without the land on his head says how? The reason you ask how, is cause you’re yet to know or physically see the manifestation of your health.
Perhaps you’re looking at the fact that the ailment is still present on you, but the report from the Word of God says you’re healed. So,
Where’s this healing?
The healing is in the document. Which document? The document He left for us. Which is THE BIBLE, the manual for living a victorious and triumphant life daily.
So now, it becomes left to you to believe what the document says about your health or that ownership of something you’ve not yet seen. Instead of waiting to see a physical manifestation first before answering yes to the statement of your healing, rather, Agree to that document, Insist on your healing and Stand by it.
4). Of Course, that man with the land may have someone coming to argue the ownership of his land with him, but instead of him arguing, he speaks from the document or brings the document of that land he has and shows that other man. Saying “This is my proof of ownership.”
And that document and what is written in it becomes the law of defense and
the evidence of what he owns.
5). So, faith isn’t something that we can all see, faith is not magic. Magic can only keep you in a state of logic reasoning, that is why it is difficult for a lot of people to believe things they have not seen.
But faith is that proof that shows what we have and delivers into our
hands what exists in the spiritual realm.
6) An example we see is Abraham. God changed his name from Abram meaning (ASSUMED FATHER) to Abraham which means (FATHER OF ALL NATIONS). At the time God changed his name, he had no child. But in the mind of God, Abram was a Father. But what gave him a son?
The Bible say:
Romans 4:3 “For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and
it was counted unto him for righteousness.
That means it was Abraham’s believe in what God has said, even though it didn’t look so at first, but it was his believe that gave him a son and qualified him to become righteous.
7) Therefore, bible faith is not what we can see before we believe, rather, it is what we can believe, declare and endorse before we physically see it. Hallelujah!