World Bank Youth Summit 2018: Unleashing the Power of Human Capital
World Bank Youth Summit 2018: Unleashing the Power of Human Capital.
Are you a young entrepreneur and believe you can contribute to the world. Then this is your opportunity to make global impact.
The World Bank Group is calling all young social entrepreneurs to submit an innovative idea that contributes to building human capital, the greatest asset of economies globally. The purpose of this competition is to challenge young people to solve problems that:
- Enhance the foundations of human capital by addressing challenges related to childhood education, health, and nutrition;
- Cultivate the skills, knowledge, and well-being of adults in order to improve the capacity of individuals to reach their full potential in an uncertain future.
- The competition provides a forum for young people to identify problems in their communities related to the two pillars of human capital and craft their own innovative solutions. In doing so, it aims to inspire, stimulate entrepreneurial problem solving, and create dialogue on innovative ways to unlock obstacles that have traditionally hindered investment in the potential and quality of life of individuals.
The theme for the 2018 Summit is Unleashing the Power of Human Capital.
- I am sure You are transform by the information you get through me, I am also sure you can be part of our daily updates. why not leave your email behind let me keep you informed with information, jobs and inspire you always.
- Finalists will join the Youth Summit 2018, taking place at the World Bank Group Headquarters, Washington DC.
- The Youth Summit will cover all travel expenses and lodging in Washington DC for up to three nights for one representative from each finalist team.
- The entire morning of the second day of the Summit will be dedicated to showcase Finalists’ ideas.
- Finalists will present their proposal in front of a Judging Panel and Summit attendees – presentations will be live-streamed. One of the winners will be designated by the Judging Panel, and another winner will be designated by the audience.
- The competition is open to individuals or teams of 1-4 people aged 18 to 35, from all over the world. Prior entrepreneurial experience or business background is not required all individuals with the drive to innovate are encouraged to participate, including professionals from business or policy, students and academics, NGO leaders, government officials and start-up founders.
- Participants should propose an innovative and action-oriented idea on how to boost the foundations of human capital for children and/or enhance the skills, knowledge, and health of adults. The proposed solution (i) can be aimed at business or policy (e.g., product, service, program, policy, course, initiative, etc.), (ii) should solve a specific problem or challenge, and (iii) address at least one of the human capital subthemes in the two pillars below.
Pillar I: Building the foundations of human capital  subthemes:
- Infant care and/or maternal health
- Childhood and/or early youth education
- Childhood health and/or nutrition
Pillar II: Maximizing individual potential  subthemes:
- Life-long learning & training
- Adult & elderly healthFor more information, visit: WORLD BANK SITE
Deadline: 5 October 2018